- The Board considers that Balder’s management team and employees have dealt well with this year’s challenges. Balder has a stable foundation to stand on in terms of the management and production of new properties and areas. The company continues to develop despite an uncertain external environment, says Chairman of the Board Christina Rogestam.
About the current year and the future, the company's CEO Erik Selin says:
- We see 2023 as a year to focus on our existing portfolio and projects, and a year in which we will probably see a lower level of activity as regards property transactions. We will of course also keep working on financing, where we will adopt a longer-term approach than usual. Balder’s well-diversified portfolio with its low level of risk at the operational level gives us good conditions in which to deliver a stable operating profit, which over time guarantees good financing.
The year in figures
- At the end of 2022 Balder owned 1,841 investment properties, of which approximately 1,300 are residential properties. As of 31 December 2022, the property portfolio had a value of SEK 217,353 million.
- Profit from property management attributable to the parent company’s shareholders increased with 11 % and amounted to SEK 6,139 million. Profit after tax attributable to the parent company’s shareholders totalled SEK 10,175 million.
- During the year 2,026 residentials were completed and a total of 314,184 square meters were under construction within various property categories.
- During 2022 Balder acquired properties with a value of SEK 5,160 million and divested with a property value of SEK 2,913 million. The divestments relate primarily to subsidiary SATO Oyj’s divestments in Finland.
- In May 2022 a share split in the company’s shares took place, with the effect that each share, regardless of share type, was divided into six new shares (6:1).
- By the end of the year the Group had a total of 1,161 employees, of whom 42 % were women and 58 % men.
- In 2022, Balder's Swedish and Finnish property management organization welcomed 76 summer workers and 39 interns for work in various fields.
- In June 2022, Balder acquired the wind turbine Båtsman in Stenungsund. In total Balder owns eleven wind turbines, that annually contribute with renewable energy equivalent to household electricity for around 11,000 smaller apartments.
- Karlatornet, that Balder owns together with Serneke, continued to grow and became the highest building in the Nordics during the year. Also, in 2022 construction started for the first homes in GoCo Health Innovation City in Mölndal outside Gothenburg, and on Tyresö outside Stockholm, the construction of a 6,000 square metres production facility for the expanding tenant Inmotion Technologies started.
This and much more can be read in Balder’s Annual Report 2022. Balder’s Annual Report, including Sustainability Report, has been published and is available for download on www.balder.se. The Annual Report is available in Swedish and English. The Swedish version is also available in European Single Electronic Format (ESEF) on Balder’s website.
A limited number of printed Annual Reports in Swedish will be available at Balder’s head office from end of April. A printed copy of the report can be ordered via kommunikation [at] balder.se.
For further information, please contact:
Erik Selin, CEO, tel. +46 (0)31 10 95 92
Eva Sigurgeirsdottir, Director of Economy, tel. +46 (0)31 10 99 13
This information is information that Fastighets AB Balder (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08:00 CET on 5 April 2023.